Citation: Pawli. "1st Trip Heavy Nausea Brief Hallucinations: An Experience with Anadenanthera colubrina (exp97118)". Erowid.org. Jan 30, 2019. erowid.org/exp/97118
Summary: A brief, interesting trip complicated by about 15 minutes of wretched nausea and hard sweating.
## Personal Background ##
* 40 year old male
* 87kg / 190lbs
* fit and reasonably healthy
* experienced psilocybin user (about 50 trips over the course of 2010)
* regular marijuana user (approximately every other day)
## Pre-trip Setup ##
I read through info on Yopo and made notes. I made sure that the spaces I would be in were safer for someone who might be very high. Sharp and otherwise dangerous things got put away. Couches and beds were ready for falling onto.
I set out the following:
* paper towels (for nose blowing and cleaning)
* a large bowl (for vomit)
* cold water (for drinking)
* an energy drink (I often get very fatigued on psychadelics)
* notepad and pen
I talked my sitter through what I want them to do:
* Stop me from doing anything dangerous.
* Help keep me calm if I had a difficult or frightening trip.
* Make sure that I was in the recovery position if I needed to sleep within an hour or so of taking the cebil snuff.
## The Trip ##
== T - 00:01 ==
* I divided 0.25 grams of self-prepared cebil snuff into 5 roughly equal lines. (Snuff recipe follows.)
== T + 00:00 ==
* Insufflated ~0.05g of snuff as a test.
* There was mild burning in my sinuses, roughly equivalent to having eaten a bit too much wasabi.
* My sinuses started to run. I tilted my head forward to keep the snuff from running down my throat.
== T + 00:01 ==
* Insufflated the remaining 0.20g
* Unpleasant, but not as bad as feared. Glad that I ground the powder as finely as I could.
* Sinus drip increased. Some made it's way into my mouth. It was quite bitter.
* Fought the urge to blow my nose.
== T + 00:02 ==
* Nausea sets in, as does the initial light high.
== T + 00:03 ==
* High and nausea coming on strong.
* Vigourously blew nose several times.
== T + 00:05 ==
* Nausea just keeps on coming.
* Feel very tired and a bit weak.
* Disoriented. Notes at this point in time are messy and full of spelling errors.
* Move from chair to couch.
* Attempted to watch a comedy that I've seen many times – was far too much stimulation and had to shut it off.
* Sensitivity to everything significantly ramped up.
== T + 00:07 ==
* Start seeing strong patterns behind closed eyes.
* Patterns look like circular ripples in water, of the kind that happen when a stone is dropped into calm water
* The ripples significantly overlap in a regular grid pattern.
* Distorted faces blink in and out in the intersections of the ripples.
* I can hear chanting in the background that verges on becoming chaotic chattering.
* By this time, I am soaked in sweat. The nausea is becoming unbearable and I get pretty worried that I've got another few hours of this coming.
== T + 00:09 ==
* Nausea has abated slightly
* I try listening to familiar music. I'm able to pick out a tremendous amount of detail that I'd never noted before.
* Would be having a good time except for the nausea and sweating.
* Ripple hallucinations fade. I look out the window at trees lit up with full sunlight, their leaves rustling in the breeze. It's very enjoyable to watch. I'd be blissed out, except for the again-rising urge to vomit.
* Try closing my eyes again. The after-images last for what seems a long time and distort as they fade.
== T + 00:14 ==
* Nausea suddenly peaks and I dash for the bathroom.
* After two deep purges, I start to feel better. Nausea and the sweats fade to manageable levels.
* The vomit in the bowl is fascinating to look at.
* Feeling very tired and shaky, but otherwise quite in control. Retreat to my bed.
* Closed eye hallucinations taper off quickly from this point.
* I spent the next 15 minutes lying down and listening to music. Continue to have the experience of being able to pick out much more than I've been able to before.
== T + 00:30 ==
* Drank energy drink. Caffeine seemed to stave of some of the fatigue.
* Vaporized a small bowl marijuana to fight off the nausea.
== T + 01:15 ==
* Largely down. Felt like a smooth tapering off of the high from 0:15 to 1:15
* Still lightly nauseous.
* Still sensitive to stimulus.
== T + 12:00 ==
* Slept well.
* A bit tired.
* Sinuses uncomfortable, as if I had a light head cold.
## Drug Provenance ##
* 3 grams of Cebil beans (22 beans total) purchased at [reputable vendor].
* Age, provenance and storage conditions of beans unknown. In hindsight, I should have asked.
## Snuff recipe ##
* I toasted 1.6 grams of cebil beans of varying size in a frying pan over medium heat until the beans popped. The smell was both nutty and unpleasantly beany.
* I let the beans cool for a few minutes.
* The beans weighed 1.3 grams after toasting. (N.B. The accuracy of my scale is somewhat suspect. Take weights with a grain of salt.)
* I shelled the beans using a sharp knife and my fingers, and discarded the skins. The remaining flesh of the beans weighed 1.1 grams.
* I measured out 0.2 grams of sodium carbonate (aka washing soda)
* I ground the sodium carbonate and toasted bean flesh into a fine powder using a granite mortar and pestle.
* I mixed in enough water to create a runny paste and let this sit for five minutes.
* I used a silicon spatula to scoop the mixture into a frying pan. I spread the mix thinly over the bottom of the pan. This was a finicky process, as the paste stuck to everything.
* I cooked the mix over medium heat until it was a dark brown color and very dry.
* Before the cooked paste cooled, I scraped it off the bottom of the pan and set it aside to cool.
* Once cool, it was fairly hard and stiff.
* I ground the dark chips of cebil bean/sodium carbonate mixture in the mortar and pestle.
* Total weight at the end was 1 gram.
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.